Self-Assessment

 Self-Assessment for Weeks 1-5 

 Throughout the first several weeks, I have gotten comfortable with the different blogs and Top Hat assignments, despite the new challenges that come with it. 
 
When I create my blog posts, I put my full effort into making sure I meet all the requirements with as much relevant information and creativity I can provide. However, I believe that there will always be specific parts where I may lack. I may not have dwelled enough into a certain subtopic or my format wasn't ideal. Often times, these parts cause me some stress, because I can be quite the perfectionist when it comes to meeting requirements! I sometimes have trouble finding the right information and I would try different databases and look up different keywords on Google, but wouldn't have much luck. In result of that, I would just try my best to find any missing required information from the sources I have already used. 
 
 In the Top Hat assignments, I have gotten quite comfortable with them. The reading passages are interesting to learn from and the questions help my further my understanding. The only concerns I sometimes have is when the questions that are basically "mini essay questions" are sometimes hard to understand. Other than that, Top Hat is a great resource for me to further my understanding of blogging and traditional writing.

When I first started creating the blogs and working on Top Hat, I was completing and turning everything at the right time without any issue. As I progressed into the semester, I started to become more occupied with work and increasing work from other classes. This caused me to start procrastinating and completing everything at a later time, then how I used to. Despite the issues, I made sure to turn in everything on time and stay on top of it before class. 

Creating a blog is something I have never done before, and I do feel confident in the content I put out for the public to view! However, I will always have a part of me feeling nervous as to what others may feel about the blogs. Before publishing my blogs, I always proofread and look out for any grammar mistakes, mechanics, and readability. I also make sure that I provide pleasant images with informational captions to provide some visuals for my readers! The images help readers imagine the scenery or at least any aspect of it. That is why I am open to criticism from peer-reviews, so I can learn to improve my future content.
Since I always make sure that my blogs are presentable, I do not have any issue with people viewing it.

 Overall, I feel quite confident with the tasks I have been assigned, because it brings out both the knowledge in literacy and creativity sides of me! However, I do believe that there is always some room for learning and improvement. I believe that I need to further my understanding on researching. I don't know how to tell whether I can trust the information on a database that I can potentially use as a reference. I have done several research projects throughout high school and early freshman year in college, which is how I am somewhat comfortable with it. I still feel like I need to further my understanding.

Comments

  1. I agree in the beginning, using Top Hat was a little confusing with setting up the blogs and the correct links . As a full time student I was overwhelmed as well with the increasing work in my other classes. I enjoyed reading your self assessment and being honest with yourself regarding procrastinating .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Aruba

Visiting Saba, the Caribbean Netherlands